Focusing on the educational component of LRA’s mission statement, LRA member “professors” and local experts explore a wide range of topics related to the lake and local traditions, ranging from local snakes to Appalachian buck dancing to Rabun County’s moonshine making history.
A sampler of past classes includes the following:
- Snakes, Salamanders, Turtles, and Toads
- The History of Moonshine in Rabun County
- Introduction to Authentic Mountain Dancing
- Fish Tales from the Georgia Walleye Record Holder
- Review and Discussion of “Georgia’s Lake Como,” a book written and published by LRA Members to celebrate the Centennial anniversary of the lake.
For more information about Lakemont University, contact LRA Member John King.